Last updated: 24 May 2018
We control the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used by The Bike Bothy Ltd UK and are the “data controller” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In order to receive or use services on our website you are required to give us some personal information about yourself.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable The Bike Bothy Ltd UK and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information The Bike Bothy Ltd UK will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
- PURPOSE AND LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We have two purposes for processing your personal data:
- To sell our products to you, including back in stock notifications and account enquiries, and carry out any logistics for the delivery or return of goods whether this be for sales, service or warranty purposes. This purpose allows The Bike Bothy Ltd UK to lawfully process your data for contractual and legitimate interests and our legal obligations to tax and revenue authorities.
- To inform, inspire and engage with you about our products, services and exclusive offers. This purpose allows The Bike Bothy Ltd UK to seek your consent to process your data for communication, education and marketing purposes. Without your consent, The Bike Bothy Ltd UK will not process your data for this purpose. Once subscribed we will maintain your details until you opt-out. You can unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of every email.
The purpose and lawful basis for processing your data may change from time to time, where this policy will be updated.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To manage your orders and provide our services to you
When you purchase from us, or seek advice, we use your information to perform our services in relation to your purchase or enquiry, for example to provide you with product information, tailor specific advice to your needs or manage warranty or service requirements.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
Occasionally we may need to contact you by email and/or telephone for administrative or operational reasons, for example in order to send you confirmation of your purchases and your payments, to notify you when back-ordered products are available or to notify you of any disruptions or problems such as delivery delays.
Please be aware that these communications are not made for marketing purposes and as such, you will continue to receive them even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
We will also use your personal data if we contact you after you have sent us a request, filled in a web-form through our website or contacted us on social media.
Your opinion is very important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback.
We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for customers.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience
We may use your personal data in order to tailor our services to your needs and preferences and to provide you with a personalised customer experience.
We may also collect information on how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit most, what products you search for and what products you buy, in order to understand what you like. We may use this information to tailor the content and offers that you see on our website and, if you have agreed to receiving marketing communications, to send you relevant messages that we think you like.
If you are in the process of making a purchase under your account and you leave our website before your order has been placed, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your purchase.
- To inform you about our news and exclusive offers that you may like.
We may send you marketing communications, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these, for example when you create an account or purchase on our website and you explicitly agree to receive such communications.
If you are happy to receive marketing communications, we will provide you with news from us such as new products that you may be interested in, reviews, exclusive offers or services that you may like.
Please note that we do not share your contact details and other personal data with other companies for marketing purposes.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, you can simply tell us so by clicking the relevant box as part of the account registration process. You can also choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related email you may receive from us.
- To improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes and protect our business interests. The business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, fraud screening, security and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as website hosts and eCommerce website providers who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
Wherever we use data processors such as the above, each processor is required to be GDPR compliant to safeguard your personal data.
- YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. As part of the new GDPR regulations, you have the right to request and understand more about the data we hold about you. For this request please email info@The Bike Bothy.com with your name, email and postcode along with an outline of your request. We’ll get back to you with an initial response in a week and hope to deal with your request within 30 days.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. However, if you have purchased from us we will not erase your records completely as we need to maintain your transactional data for our legal obligations to the local tax and revenue authorities.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of The Bike Bothy Ltd UK features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you have set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse The Bike Bothy Ltd UK anonymously until such time as you wish to register for The Bike Bothy Ltd UK services. For further information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- USERS 16 AND UNDER
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to The Bike Bothy Ltd UK’s website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.